At BE Wealth, we’re always looking for a way to give back, both locally and on a national level. And on September 6, we hosted our first annual Charity Golf Event at the Salina Municipal Golf Course benefitting multiple charities across our community.
We wanted to say thank you so much to everyone who came out to support our community during this fun event. We loved having the opportunity to get involved in our community and get to know our neighbors while making an impact locally. Our event would not have been possible without the support of everyone who attended and staffed the event.
Instead of traditional rounds of golf, we hosted a golf skills challenge that included driving for distance, closest to the pin, and putting. Not only was this a fun way to include non-golf pros in the event, but the laid-back atmosphere made it easier to focus on what was really important: the charities.
100% of the entry fee to our event went to a charity of the participants choosing. Charities that we supported include:
- The First Tee of Salina - The First Tee is an international development organization introducing golf and its inherent values—like confidence, dedication, and hard work—to young adults.
- Salina Child Care Association - For over 50 years, the Salina Child Care Association has provided quality, affordable early childhood education and childcare in the Salina area.
- Emergency Aid / Food Bank - Salina Emergency Aid / Food Bank serves people in need by providing food, help with emergency needs for rent, utilities, medicine, dental care, and transportation. Its mission is to be a beacon of hope and love in the community, serving clients with dignity and respect.
- Salina Area Technical College Foundation- Salina Area Technical College strives to meet Salina’s employment needs by providing the technical and general education skills necessary for employment, personal growth, and lifelong learning for a diverse community of learners.
- Salina Regional Health Foundation - Salina Regional Health Foundation manages the Community Health Investment Program (CHIP) that provides grants to organizations locally that work to improve the health of residents in north-central Kansas.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters - Big Brothers Big Sisters of Salina helps children realize their potential and build their futures. BBBS provides children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one relationships that change their lives for the better, forever.
In addition to raising money for these charities, we also gave away prizes to attendees, including golf balls, rounds at local golf courses, gift certificates to local businesses, and some awesome BE Wealth swag. There was also food and drinks and the weather turned out to be perfect.
All in all, we couldn’t have asked for a better day!
We had a good first year and were able to raise some money for each organization. We plan to make it an annual event and look forward to growing it in the future in hopes to be a significant fundraiser for these organizations without them having to do much work.
At BE Wealth, our mission is to help our community at all stages of their financial journey, through whatever changes life may bring. From buying a home to planning for a newborn’s college education, we’re there every step of the way to help build a stronger community through steadfast financial support and unwavering dedication.